Single Phase Inverters with HD-Wave Technology
Climax Solar is proud to use Solar Edge single phase inverters for all our solar needs. Best in class, everything you need to keep the brains of your energy source moving forward. We've put together this guide to inform you about the technology and how the tech works.
Innovative Inverter Topology
Because Maximum Power Point Tracking and voltage management are handled separately for each solar module by the SolarEdge power optimizer, the single phase inverter is only responsible for DC to AC inversion. Consequently, it is a simpler, more cost effective, more reliable solar inverter.
The fixed string voltage ensures operation at the highest efficiency at all times independent of string length and temperature. In addition to its functionality as a DC-optimized PV inverter, the single phase inverter also manages battery and system energy as part of SolarEdge’s StorEdge solution.
HD-Wave Technology: A New Era for PV Inverters
SolarEdge’s latest generation of single phase inverters are designed using a novel power conversion technology that is based on a distributed switching and powerful DSP processing. The inverter is able to synthesize a clean sine wave that leads to a dramatic reduction in the magnetics and heavy cooling elements. The result is an even smaller and lighter inverter for simplified shipping and storing, and easy one-person installation. The record-breaking 99% efficiency allows more energy production for an improved ROI.
HD-Wave Inverters Now Available with Integrated Production and Consumption Monitoring
Only requiring the simple connection of two external SolarEdge CTs (sold separately) to enable consumption monitoring, giving homeowners clear insight into their energy usage.
Single-phase Energy Hub Inverter
- 3kW to 11.4kW range
- 99% weighted efficiency (33%-50% less losses than the market standard)
- Small, lightweight, and easy to install
- Up to 155% oversizing allowed
- High reliability due to lower heat dissipation
- Faster inverter commissioning using your smartphone with SolarEdge SetApp
- Standard 12-year warranty (extendable to 20 or 25 years)
- Built-in module-level monitoring
- Internet communication via Ethernet or wireless connectivity (using optional ZigBee® or cellular plug-ins)
- NEMA 4X – suitable for outdoor and indoor installations
- Integrated arc fault protection and rapid shutdown for NEC 2014 and 2017, 690.11 and 690.12
- Optional: Faster installations with built-in consumption metering (1% accuracy) and production revenue grade metering (0.5% accuracy, ANSI C12.20)
- All inverters are UL1741 SA certified, for CPUC Rule 21 grid compliance